Support services for the visually impaired is designed to provide training and information to students with visual impairments, and educators and parents of students who are visually impaired or deaf/blind ages 0 - 21. A resource library and equipment library are maintained by checkout for educators of students with visual impairments.
- Assist districts with TEA VI Registration
- Assist districts with Deaf/Blind Census
- Acquisition of APH Materials
- Regional Student Activities
- Interagency Coordination
- Mentoring for New TVIs and COMS
Direct Itinerant Service:
- Orientation and Mobility Evaluation and Instruction
Education Service Center, Region 2 collaborates with Texas Tech University and Stephen F. Austin to provide graduate level courses to help build capacity of teachers of students with visual impairments and orientation and mobility specialists in the Region 2 area.